Pearn Kandola LLP are a leading firm of business psychologists, with close to 40 years' experience of working with the world’s leading organisations. We provide solutions for clients across the whole employee lifecycle, from attraction and recruitment, through to people development and talent management.
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do, from developing fair selection processes to fostering inclusive working practices. We believe all businesses can, and should, embrace the power of difference.
We are growing our team and are looking for a Research Psychologist to support our research that informs our work that spans attraction, on-boarding, recruitment, development, motivation, talent management and exit. As part of our Research Team, you will have the opportunity to shape the thinking behind the evidence-based solutions that we offer to our clients. Specifically, the role will involve:
- Reviewing academic literature (reading, interpreting and drawing conclusions from published research).
- Conducting original research (surveys, interviews and supplementary interventions with our clients), with support from the wider team.
- Analysing quantitative data (Excel and SPSS) and qualitative data.
- Reporting research findings (literature reviews and own research) for internal and external audiences.
- Sharing new knowledge across the wider Business Psychologist team.
You’ll be joining a friendly and supportive research team with a passion for learning and applying psychology in the workplace. We have exciting plans for the next 12 months, and you will be supported with a clear framework to follow and work within.
We are interested in hearing from individuals who have:
- A passion for learning and applying psychology to workplace settings.
- An ability to make sense of and extract key messages from complex information (e.g. journal articles/published research)
- A working knowledge of quantitative/qualitative analysis (i.e. when to use particular approaches)
- Basic knowledge of the use of Excel and SPSS
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills.
- A relevant post-graduate degree (Occupational or Organisational Psychology)
This is an entry level role and will be ideal for someone who has recently graduated from their post-graduate degree, or for someone coming from a related research role.
In return, we offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package c.£25,000
- Performance related bonus, contributory pension scheme and monthly well-being contribution
- 30 days holiday, plus community and personal enrichment days
- Flexible working options – both in terms of hours and location
- A strong focus on supporting your professional development (e.g. Chartered status with BPS)
At Pearn Kandola we are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from talented psychologists from any background. This is a full-time role, but part-time hours and/or flexible working arrangements will be considered for the right candidate. We care about every one of our employee's well-being and we always strive to promote a balance of client focus with support for personal priorities.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Ruth Hunt, our Practice Manager, via email@example.com with a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your specific interests and motivations for the role.
The closing date for applications is Friday 1st October, 2021.