Pearson Clinical Assessment is the world’s oldest and largest test publisher. We develop and distribute tests and related products for professionals in psychology, allied health, business, general and special education, and other areas serving people of all ages and cultures.
The Pearson Clinical Assessment Sales Team is seeking a Sales Consultant, who will be field based and responsible for the East of England sales territory. This will be a permanent contract.
The Sales Team within Pearson Clinical Assessment is a focused team, who work in conjunction with Customer Services, Marketing and Product Development to sell assessment and intervention resources to a range of clinical and educational establishments and individual professionals across the UK. A key focus is the commercialisation of our digital products and services especially Q-Interactive.
● Delivery of UK Revenue to pre-set targets - % of revenue target achieved.
● Key account management and customer focus – manage all customers within the territory to maximise sales and provide a positive customer experience.
● Product knowledge – develop product knowledge, own understanding of relevant working practices and keep abreast of current legislation in order to meet customer needs.
● Business Development – identify, qualify and convert new business opportunities.
● Exhibitions – attend and in some circumstances organise exhibitions and study days.
● Customer feedback – submit detailed and timely customer market feedback reports supported by up-to-date customer, product and market knowledge.
● Sales and Marketing – understand and demonstrate the benefits and features of our products/services. Maintain an awareness of the competition and understand customer requirements.
● Digital First – effective selling of new products and services across diverse customer groups – Psychologists and Practitioners, NHS IT Managers and Commissioners.
This is a field based position covering the East of England including; North East, East Midlands and East Anglia. Extensive travel within the geographical area is required. Trips to other Pearson office locations will also be required, in order to attend meetings or for other business requirements. A company car will be provided. Overnight stays and travel are required, as well as an occasional need to work during evenings/weekends.
This role would suit either:
- a graduate in psychology (or related discipline) OR
- a sales professional with exposure to selling into the health or education sector
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
● Educated to degree level within a relevant field, i.e. a Psychology Graduate, Education or Health related qualification;
● Sales experience within a clinical setting.
● Experience/knowledge of the clinical or educational markets, together with a proven interest in these sectors;
● Strong planning and organisation skills;
● Customer focus;
● Communication skills - able to communicate effectively, in a warm and engaging manner, with customers and colleagues;
● Basic computer skills, including familiarity with Word, Excel, email, presentation applications, webinar applications, Apple Ipad and CRM applications;
● Confidence and resilience;
● Drive and self-management;
● A passion for learning;
● Working independently and within teams;
● Able to adapt to the environment and customer; communicating face to face, via phone and online;
● Listening skills.
● Valid driving licence held for a minimum of six months.
Salary (dependant on experience)
Generous company pension scheme
Discounted share save plan
Private medical insurance
Plus a range of other flexible benefits
Please include a letter of application to support your CV.
For questions related to this role, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information and to apply, please click the Apply Now button below.
Closing date for applications: 9th September