Salary: £25.36 per hour(£177.52 per day - Term time only)
*We are currently recruiting for qualified, experienced counsellors to provide one to one support within Haringey primary schools from January 2021*
A counsellor at Hope in Tottenham Schools Counselling project is required to deliver a professional, early intervention, short term, and therapeutic service to primary school aged children at a respective school. The post holder will be based at the designated school one day per week.
Supervision is provided.
Some CPD and equipment is covered.
This position would suit an independent, qualified professional with at least three years' experience (500+ clinically supervised hours) of working therapeutically with primary school aged children.
For more information, please contact:
Caroline A.K Ajuna
Hope in Tottenham Schools Counselling
020 8809 3411
Minimum criteria for Hope in Tottenham school counsellors
1. Entitled to work in UK.
2. Qualified counsellor, therapist or psychologist, that is, one of the following:
- Registered Member or Accredited Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Registered with the UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy)
- BPS (British Psychological Society) Chartered Clinical or Counselling Psychologist and registered as a practitioner psychologist with the HCPC (Health and Social Care Professions Council)
- Registered with the BPC (British Psychoanalytic Council).
- Registered with the BAPT (British Association of Play Therapists).
3. Three years post-qualification experience as a counsellor, psychotherapist or practitioner psychologist with at least 2 years experience working with primary school aged children and young people.
4. Experience of working in a school.
5. Familiar with child protection legislation and procedures and committed to safeguarding children.
*Deadline for applications is December 31st 2020*