The school social therapist at Dubai College is more than just a student mentor. They are responsible for researching the leading school counselling provision worldwide and then devising our own in-house provision which is both in line with best practice globally but also sympathetic to our context. In addition they need to ensure that students, staff and parents are updated on our evolving provision and also provided with relevant training. This way we can work together as a whole community to provide the emotional support required in an increasingly busy and competitive world.
In order to satisfy the requirements of the Community Development Authority in Dubai the successful candidate must have:
- an MA in Psychology
It is highly desirable for the applicant to have:
BACP Accreditation, UKCP registration or BPC further therapeutic training or qualification in working with children and young people
In addition the successful candidate will have:
- an understanding of the developmental, emotional, social and educational issues of children and young people
- an awareness of the range of needs of people from diverse ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds
- knowledge of how local mental health and CAMHS work in the UK
- knowledge of the Children’s Act and legislation pertaining to children
- minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- minimum of 1 year experience of working with children and young people
- experience of working with adult clients
- experience of facilitating groups
- experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
A full job specification can be found in the Vacancy Pack attached and on the Dubai College website www.dubaicollege.org.
A full time social therapist is expected to work standard Dubai College hours Sunday to Wednesday, from 0745 until 1535 and on Thursdays from 0745 to 1235. The therapist will meet with staff and students for around 20 hours a week. The remainder of the time will be spent on administration and follow-up from the meetings as well as the development of the counselling provision in the College.
The School Social Therapist is a standalone role which attracts its own salary in line with UK standards and the package will be discussed at interview. Dubai College offers market leading remuneration packages and the opportunity to work with our dynamic, highly qualified team in very pleasant surroundings with excellent facilities.
Applicants should apply for this vacancy by completing the Hirewire application form and uploading a copy of their CV here: https://www.hirewire.co.uk/FE/1057286/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=74798
Dubai College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and operates child protection screening which includes contacting previous employers and Disclosure and Barring checks.
The closing date for applications is 1st March 2017.