The Brothers of Charity Southern Services is a major voluntary organisation, which provides age related residential, educational and day services for people with intellectual disabilities, autism and communication disorders throughout the Cork and Kerry area.
We have vacancies for Senior and Basic Grade Psychologists in our Services in Kerry
Applications are invited for the following:-
SENIOR GRADE CLINICAL / EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGISTS (2 posts) Ref: 22/2018
Permanent Full Time (37 hours per week), Location: Kerry Intervention Disabilities Services
Post 1: North Kerry Team based in Listowel, Co. Kerry
Post 2: Mid Kerry Team based in Tralee, Co. Kerry
BASIC GRADE CLINICAL / EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGIST Ref: 23/2018
Part-Time contract for 6 months (18.5 hours per week), Location: Kerry Intervention Disabilities Services
North Kerry Team based in Listowel, Co. Kerry
These posts will be allocated to the North & Mid Kerry Network Disability Teams working as part of the Integrated Services under the national model of Progressing Disability Services for Children and Young People 0-18 years. This programme is led by the HSE in partnership with the non-statutory disability organisations, Department of Health, Department of Education and Skills and associated agencies. The successful candidates will be employed by the Brothers of Charity. The Psychologists will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and will be responsible through the Line Management structure to the Director of Services. The Psychologists should have the relevant skills to work in this specialist area.
Scope of the Post
The Senior posts are permanent full time appointments based in Listowel and Tralee and the Basic post is part-time contract for 6 months based in Listowel. The successful candidates will deliver psychology services to children (0-18 years) with disabilities (including intellectual disability, autism and physical and sensory disabilities) in a range of clinic, community and educational settings.
Professional Qualifications and Experience etc.
- Applicants must have a recognised university degree or diploma (QQI level 8 equivalent) obtained with 1st or 2nd class honours in which Psychology was taken as a major subject and honours obtained in that subject AND a recognised post-graduate professional qualification in clinical or educational psychology or an equivalent qualification validated by the Department of Health. AND
- For the Senior posts applicants must have at least five years satisfactory postgraduate experience in the area of professional psychology, no more than three years of which was spent in gaining the post-graduate professional qualification and no less than two years full-time spent in post qualification experience as a professional psychologist. Years in excess of the permitted three years for completion of the post-graduate training or time not worked will not be taken into consideration when assessing the five years’ experience requirement.
For the Basic post must applicants have 6 months experience of working as a Psychologist with children with disabilities (Intellectual Disability, Autism and/or Physical Sensory disabilities).
- Applicants with a Clinical or Educational psychology qualification must satisfy the Department of Health guidelines.
- Applicants who qualified outside the Republic of Ireland must have their qualifications validated by the Department of Health.
- Applicants must have experience of working as a Psychologist with children with disabilities (Intellectual Disability, Autism and/or Physical and Sensory disabilities).
- Applicants must have a full driving license and means of transport which qualifies you to drive on Irish roads.
Salary Scale: €76,189 - €88,983 including 2 LSI's (1/4/17 - LRA) (Senior Post)
Salary Scale: €49,585 - €81,826 including 2 LSI's (1/4/17 - LRA) Pro-Rata (Basic Post)
For further information or a request for a copy of job description please contact: Dr. Mark Quinn, Head of Discipline for Psychology - Tel: +353 21 4556200;
Ms. Moira King Fitzgerald, Team Manager KIDS Mid Kerry Team, Tel: +353 66 7193040
Ms. Hannah Carmody, Team Manager, KIDS North Kerry Team, Tel: +353 68 53480
Closing Date: Friday 6th July 2018
Applications should be made online using the 'Apply' Link Below
A panel will be formed from this competition to fill any Senior / Basic Psychology vacancies that arise in our Services in Kerry in the coming year
The Brothers of Charity Services Ireland - Southern Region is an equal opportunities employer