Permanent, immediate start available, full time or part time hours
London / Newbury / Flexible
We are Amberjack. Experts in future talent and volume recruitment outsourcing, technology and assessment.
We deliver unparalleled results for our clients by combining intelligent insights and innovative technology with a passion for customer and candidate experience. And the industry agrees: Recruiter Awards named us winners of the Recruitment Industry Supplier of the Year and Recruitment Technology Innovation of the Year Awards 2017. Apprenticeships 4 England named us winners of the Support to the Apprenticeship Sector Award 2017. The AGR Awards named us winners of the Graduate Assessment and Selection Strategy Award as well as winners of the Best of the Best Award 2017.
Our people make us who we are and our values are at the heart of what we do. We’re passionate collaborators, always striving for better, always doing the right thing and always accountable. And we’re looking for like-minded people to come on board as Consultants in our Assessment & Development (A&D) team.
Our A&D team provide selection and development consultancy services for a diverse range of clients, from Unilever and GSK to Mars, Morrison’s, Centrica and Sony Music. They pioneer projects such as gamification of assessment solutions, innovative product design, commercial acumen tools and immersive assessment centre content.
Our consultants also conduct leading-edge Insights research. The outputs reveal which tools and success criteria are more predictive of performance in the Future Talent space.
As a Senior Assessment & Development Consultant, you’ll meet with current and prospective clients in the Experienced Hire and Future Talent markets to understand their recruitment challenges and to provide appropriate solutions. You will be responsible for assessment solutions projects that deliver both superior client satisfaction and profit growth for the business.
You’ll be confident undertaking job analysis exercises and building behavioural assessment frameworks for clients. And you’ll review a client’s specific needs – whether efficiency, innovation, robustness or any combination of these – before recommending an appropriate end-to-end selection process.
You will have full responsibility for developing sifting tools such as SJTs and video interviews. You’ll also design full day assessment centres utilising case study/analysis exercises, role play, group exercise and interviews. While your focus is on assessment solutions, you’ll work with other teams to ensure your recommendations can be delivered in the most efficient manner, using the best technology platforms available.
Who we’re looking for:
You’ll have a background in occupational or business psychology or assessment for selection. You’ll also need to be registered as an Occupational Test User: Ability and Personality.
- Developing competency models/assessment frameworks from first principles
- Designing interviews and assessment centres
- Good knowledge of psychometric products
- Carrying out new business activity including first contact meetings, proposal and tender writing and pitch attendance
- Project managing assessment design activities.
- Great influencing and relationship-building skills.
- SJT development (writing items, trialling and validation)
- A working knowledge of SPSS or similar
- A working knowledge of the Early Talent recruitment market and how this compares to experienced hire recruitment
- Presenting at industry events/conferences.
The sort of person you’ll be:
- Collaborative. We pride ourselves on the strong partnerships we build with our clients. These are powered by the efforts of all our delivery teams who work together to deliver the best solutions to our clients.
- Flexible and resilient. This is a client-facing, project-based role. As such, goalposts shift from time to time and you’ll need to be able to take this in your stride and maintain enthusiasm for your work.
- Able to work autonomously. You’ll have the support of your A&D colleagues, and the wider team, but you’ll need to be comfortable making decisions on your own.
- Commercial. It’s importance to balance the application of occupational psychology principles against the need for efficiency and innovation.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a collaborative, open and friendly working environment, and great opportunities for personal and professional development.
For an informal chat, or if you’d like to put yourself forward for the role, please email a supporting statement demonstrating your suitability for the position together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th September 2017.
Our people define who we are, and our values are at the heart of what we do. And our clients agree. We’re passionate collaborators… always striving for better… doing the right thing… always accountable. Ability with agility. www.weareamberjack.com