We are seeking inquiring, passionate and pro-active behavioural scientists with a relevant degree in Psychology. People who care about changing things, not just talking about it. People who want to make a difference. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced and demanding environment on both commercial and public sector clients this is the role for you. Working with the team you will deliver world-class audience analysis to help prevent radicalisation of vulnerable individuals, build intra-community dialogue, positioning brands and launching new products and services.
Verbalisation and its sister company Global Influence are strategic communications companies that marry science and creativity to build empathy through interventions. At the core of our business is science-driven behavioural insight. We offer the rare opportunity to apply psychological knowledge to meaningful subjects across community, political and commercial spheres.
Our target audience analysis IP is grounded in psychology and behavioural science. This is used to deliver deep understanding and analysis of the audiences with whom our community, government and commercial clients seek to build empathy, and engage with.
You will be joining a team whose work is driven by driving the importance and integrity of behavioural science. We believe that conversation, if handled responsibly, is the most powerful weapon we have to build empathy and drive change to build dialogue and end division.
- Producing critical analysis including primary and secondary research in support of both Verbalisation and Global Influence in UK and abroad.
- Produce Audience Analysis assessments based on the RAID methodology.
- Support the development of the core methodology and IP including updating the literature on current thinking in Psychology and wider Behavioural Science.
- Ensure team is up to date in behavioural science thinking and able to use relevant software packages at required level of competency.
- To promote the key role of behavioural science in both marketing and insights for Government, NGO and private sector clients.
- Supporting both Global Influence and Verbalisation as well as internal IP development
- Key relationships will be to act as a resource to the Senior account heads for both GI and Verbalisation
Skills for this role
- Linguistic, Social or Cognitive Psychology degree; postgraduate social science degree desirable
- Quantitative analysis skills including proficiency with statistics and Excel data analysis/ visualisations
- Languages desirable for this role – particularly French, Arabic, German, and Russian (all languages very much welcome)
- Experience - Applied research skills in private or public sector
Competencies for this role
- Leading Edge – Sets strategy for applicability of latest thinking to client and business needs. Capable of acting as a challenge function to support rigorous application of scientific methodologies across both businesses
- Resilience - Enjoys preparing and leading audience analysis at the highest level within fast-moving, flexible and demanding environments
- Presentation and Facilitation Skills – Confident presenting directly to clients and be comfortable briefing Governments, media houses, commercial enterprises and NGOs in a professional and trusted manner.
- Technical – Quantitative analysis skills including proficiency with statistics and Excel data analysis/ visualisations
- Affability – has gravitas, maturity and is dependable. Has a professional, hard-working and personable attitude. Is able to articulate personal view.
- Collaboration – Sets the expectation that cross-team collaboration is in Verbalisation and Global Influence’s DNA and that nothing less is acceptable.
- Curiosity – Creates opportunities for continuous learning and development in the company.
Reports to: Director of Audience Analysis
Liases with: Senior Account Heads.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please contact Verbalisation using the following details:
T +44 (0) 203 096 9003
Whitehall, London, UK