Imperial Brands PLC is a dynamic FTSE100 FMCG company headquartered in Bristol with a global workforce of around 32,000 people. Our ambition is to create Something Better for the world’s smokers through a wide portfolio of scientifically Next Generation Products (NGP’s) which include the global e-vapour brand blu.
To provide scientific and technical leadership in behavioural assessments by independently applying scientific knowledge and to lead the delivery of behavioural scientific research programs (pre and post market launch). These programs will support the harm reduction potential of our Next Generation Product portfolio and defend and protect our Next Generation Products in global regulatory submissions.
As a Senior Behavioural Scientist applying behavioural science principles and research to our reduced risk portfolio you will:
- Develop and implement behavioural methods to support pre and post market assessment of specific reduced risk products in conjunction with clinical, biological and product characterisation scientific teams.
- Manage the analysis, interpretation and compilation of evidence packages regarding behavioural science and preparation of post-market surveillance and population health plans for regulatory engagement activities.
- Manage activities related to the outsourcing of behavioural sciences and post market surveillance including negotiation and contracts for Contract Research Organisations (CROs).
- Engage with the scientific, public health, and regulatory communities through face-to-face meetings, regulatory filings, publications in scientific literature and participation in scientific conferences to develop, inform and validate our behavioural research and post market surveillance approach.
- Protect present and future business by providing to the business in-depth research support, specialist guidance, and advocacy on relevant issues including: critical analysis of scientific publications on product regulatory or health issues.
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of team processes, technical training, management interaction and team presentations.
Skills & experience:
You will ideally have the following qualifications, skills and experience
- Postgraduate qualifications and applied experience in an aspect of science related to health sciences, health outcomes research, psychology, social sciences or behavioural change
- Proven experience in leading qualitative and quantitative research acquired in academia or industry, preferably in a regulated consumer products industry such as pharmaceuticals, medical devices, tobacco, food or cosmetics
- Strong and proven project management and external collaborations skills
- Creative thinking and intellectual curiosity paired with a strong ability to understand complex relationships
- Solutions focussed with an ability to prioritise as appropriate
- Excellent communication skills to lay and scientific audiences
- Ability to communicate easily across cultures and organisational levels
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to foster cross-functional collaboration
- Influencing skills and experience
The following qualifications and experience are desirable
- Experience in engaging externally with influential expert scientists
- In-depth understanding of tobacco and related products
What we offer:
Imperial Brands offers a competitive package of salary, pension and 25 days holiday, as well as onsite parking.