Senior Behavioural Specialist
Job Reference: 22662
Skillset: Health and Safety
Closing Date: 12 March 2017
As Senior Behavioural Specialist at HS2, you will be part of our Corporate Health & Safety team and will lead the design, development and implementation of HS2’s culture change through a safety leadership programme. You will design appropriate behavioural interventions and help embed the desired and requisite behaviours that support a robust health and safety culture. This role will work across HS2 as well as our supply chain.
About the role:
- Responsible for creating a culture of safety leadership which is consistent across HS2 and its supply chain providing vision, support, development and tools developing and implementing a consistent approach to (and deliver the requisite skills) safety leadership within HS2 and across our supply chain.
- Design and delivery of cultural change programme activities
- Act as a technical expert providing expertise to deliver the procurement of safety leadership programmes and behavioural change programmes
- Influence and coach people at all levels of both HS2 and our supply chain partners to develop safety leadership across those organisations.
- Implementation of bespoke behavioural and cultural change activities in safety leadership.
- Coach people at all levels in both HS2 and our supply chain partners to develop safety leadership
- Be responsible for planning and sequencing the safety leadership and behavioural change deliverables
- Build capability across our supply chain network by identifying and developing key individuals/teams to deliver behavioural change programmes.
- An experienced coach with a recognised qualification in psychology, coaching or equivalent qualification
- Experience of influencing culture and/or behaviour change in a safety context
- Demonstrable experience of implementing culture change in a complex organisation and at all levels of the workforce
- Competent in introducing small & large audiences to complex ideas
- Ability to support and influence all levels of an organisation (i.e. senior leaders and frontline staff) to develop as safety leaders
- Credible experience and competence in supporting and influencing all levels of an organisation (i.e. senior leaders and frontline staff) to develop as safety leaders
- Ability to take a project remit and develop project content and technical interventions to deliver defined outcomes
- Skilled in delivering powerful and non-judgement challenge and feedback
- Ability to take a project remit and develop project content and technical interventions
- Competent to deliver training events, such as Train the Trainer sessions to up-skill businesses
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed equality, diversity and inclusion in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- This role will report to the Head of Engagement in the Corporate Health and Safety Directorate and will be based in Birmingham. However the post holder will be required to work at our London office on a regular basis.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.