Due to the further development of our services, Bloomfield Health Services are inviting applications for a Senior Clinical Neuropsychologist.
The role of the Senior Clinical Neuropsychologist is central to the effective assessment and treatment of all patients and will provide coverage across units and programs in the fulfilment of the key responsibilities, within the context of psychiatry of later life, rehabilitative services and general adult psychiatry.
Key responsibilities will include
Consultation to psychiatric and medical providers about modalities of psychological treatment on a case-by-case basis. This would include, among others modalities:
- Provision of neuropsychological testing
- Diagnostic Assessment
- Interpretation of psychological and neuropsychological testing results
- Communication of neuropsychological concepts, testing results, and findings to patient and families
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Supportive psychotherapy
- Special techniques of group therapy within the psychologist’s area of expertise
Teaching/Academic and Research Interests
- Provision of supervision for any neuropsychology trainees
- Contributions to the educational experiences of other trainees, psychiatry, medicine, OT and Nursing etc
- Interest in and support of research activities as needed here at Bloomfield as they arise
- Contributions to programmatic developments on an ongoing basis
- Supervise and assume responsibility for the proper performance of psychological activity in accordance with the Code of Ethics of the Psychological Society of Ireland and within the philosophy and policies of Bloomfield Health Services.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with the centre’s regulatory programme including Health & Safety and Risk Management standards.
- Contribute to strategic and operational change programmes while being mindful of the History, Mission, and Quaker ethos of Bloomfield Health Services.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and competencies
- Registered Psychologist with CORU (or be eligible to) and the Psychological Society of Ireland.
- Have five years post registration experience.
- Have established clinical and management experience in the area of Mental Health and Neuropsychology.
- Have good knowledge and experience of health, safety and other statutory regulations affecting a healthcare organisation.
- To be in a position to demonstrate good ‘people management’ experience and skills.
- Be able to illustrate a high level of verbal and non-verbal skills in order to effectively communicate with and relate to patients, visitors, colleagues, management team and board members.
- Be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
- Be able to receive Garda Clearance as a person fit to hold the position of Senior Clinical Neuropsychologist at Bloomfield Health Services.
- Experience in a healthcare / hospital setting.
Bloomfield Health Services offers a competitive package and the salary will be aligned to the HSE Consolidated Pay Scale for Senior Clinical Neuropsychologist.
CV and cover letter should be sent to the HR Department email@example.com. Closing date for receipt of applications is 9th August 2018. For enquiries or further information please contact a member of our HR Team on 01-4950021 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bloomfield Health Services is an independent not for profit healthcare provider located at the foot of the Dublin Mountains at Stocking Lane in Rathfarnham Dublin 16. It commenced its service provision in 1812 and was originally located in Donnybrook Dublin 4 until 2005 when it moved to its current location which provides a state of the art environment for the care and treatment of its patients and residents. Bloomfield Health Services is owned by the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) and is based on their ethos and principles.
The Centre at Rathfarnham consists of two services:
Bloomfield Mental Health Service
This is a 114 bed in patient Mental Health service, registered as an approved centre with the Mental Health Commission. Bloomfield Mental Health Services provides specialist Neuropsychiatric assessment and continuing care services for individuals with complex mental health needs on a national basis and also specialises in the provision of mental health services to adults and older persons with serious and enduring mental health needs. We also provide specialist palliative care to individuals with mental health needs.
Registered as an approved centre with the Mental Health Commission, Bloomfield Mental Health Services continues to develop its leadership role in innovative and effective treatment programmes for its patients. Referrals are accepted nationally. While providing excellence in clinical treatment and care to patients and their families, we are committed to training healthcare professionals and to conducting clinical research designed to enhance treatment programmes for the continued improvement of outcomes for patients and residents and the overall enhancement of their quality of life. We have formal academic links with Trinity College Dublin.
New Lodge Nursing Home
This service is a 36 bed Nursing Home, registered with the Health Information & Quality Authority. It provides for excellence in delivery of care and treatment to frail Older Persons and Adults in comfortable and well-designed environment.
Our ability to innovate and deliver on the promise of a being a leader in the provision of quality treatment, care and best practice is made possible through our team of highly trained, dedicated and committed professionals within our medical, nursing, clinical and support services here at Bloomfield Health Services.
What makes Bloomfield a great place to work?
We believe it is our team, over 200 of us delivering the highest standards of care. We provide a multidisciplinary, professional, friendly and inclusive environment, offering employment opportunities in clinical and non-clinical roles.
Our culture is what makes us great as a team and we strive to make a difference every day. It takes a unique type of person to join our team, we recruit highly experienced, professional, caring and motivated team members who embrace Bloomfield Health Services core values and principles.
We value every member of our team who each have a unique and important contribution to make to our services. We embrace the importance of work life balance and employee well-being.
We offer first class training and a professional work environment with excellent career opportunities to progress and advance your career.
Our benefits include:
- Family friendly working arrangements
- Contributory pension
- Career development
- Comprehensive training programmes
- Further education supports
- On-site library and research facility
- Bloom Together employee well-being programme
- Employee assistance programme
- Free onsite staff parking
- Subsidised restaurant
- Uniforms supplied on commencement of employment for healthcare team
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax saver commuter tickets
Your continued development is important to us and our comprehensive performance management process will support you to develop your Bloomfield Career Pathway. We are committed to offering first class training and a professional work environment with excellent career opportunities to progress and advance your career.
Comprehensive Training Programmes
Our in-house training programmes include: Mental health education, wellness recovery action planning, patient moving and handling training, basic life support, safeguarding of vulnerable adults, falls prevention, therapeutic activities, fire safety training, therapeutic management of violence and aggression.
Further Education Supports
Engaging in further education and development is vital to ensure the continued success of our staff team at Bloomfield and our supports include the Bloomfield Academy where financial, study leave and mentoring support applications are considered for our staff. Our onsite staff library and research facilities provides an excellent resource centre for individual and collaborative projects.
Bloomfield Health Services Memorandum of Understanding with Trinity College Dublin
Bloomfield Health Services hold a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Trinity College Dublin. The MOU demonstrates Bloomfield’s commitment to education, teaching and research and recognises that Bloomfield is a designated clinical placement site for students of Trinity College Dublin in the disciplines of Medicine, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Social Work and Psychology.
For further information on our services and our team, please visit www.bloomfield.ie