Role: Senior Clinical Psychologist
Location: Cygnet Hospital Bierley, Bierley Lane, Bradford, BD4 6AD
Salary: £44,606 - £50,819
Contract: Permanent – Full / Part Time – up to 37.5hrs per week
We are currently recruiting a Senior Clinical Psychologist to join our team at Cygnet Hospital Bierley in Bradford.
Cygnet Hospital Bierley cares for up to 61 people presenting with a range of complex mental health difficulties, across four separate wards:
- Female Specialist Personality Disorder Service (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Service)
- Low Secure Male Ward
- Low Secure Female Ward
- Female Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit
Roles and responsibilities are similar to those of an NHS band 8a post.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a senior position within our supportive and dynamic Psychology Department. Our team consists of a Head of Psychology (Clinical), four other Practitioner Psychologists (Clinical and Forensic) and two Assistant Psychologists. Our team is committed to providing service users with evidence-based care, to the highest of standards. We routinely evaluate our work and regularly present outcomes at conferences and in peer-reviewed journals. The skillset within the team includes post-qualification training in CBT, CAT, Schema therapy and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy. You will have access to individual, group and peer supervision, and will be supported to further develop your own psychotherapeutic expertise.
This role will be working as part of an established multi-disciplinary team (MDT) including Nursing colleagues, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Consultant Psychiatrist, and Specialty Doctor.
You will have opportunities to work with service users from across the different wards, so that your caseload is not restricted to one particular client-group. You will have a manageable, diverse and interesting caseload of both forensic and non-forensic work, as well as DBT and non-DBT work. As a senior member of the team, you will work alongside the Head of Psychology and another senior psychologist to provide leadership and supervision to other team members. You will also be supported to engage in the full breadth of activities comprising a psychologist’s role:
Psychological assessments including cognitive, structured risk and personality assessments
- Psychological therapy with individuals
- Psychological therapy with groups
- Consultation to teams
- Provision of training and supervision
- Service evaluation and clinical research, including dissemination of outcomes via conference presentations and publications
Professional development is strongly encouraged. We have a generous training budget and the successful candidate may be supported to undertake intensive DBT training, with a view to contributing to our comprehensive DBT programme. You will also be supported to undertake further training appropriate to your role e.g. forensic risk assessment and Positive Behaviour Support.
You will have…
- A Doctorate Level Qualification (or equivalent) in Clinical Psychology along with HCPC Registration.
- Experience of working with adults in a mental health setting.
- Experience and training in the provision of supervision is desirable.
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of people with a wide range of mental health conditions, as well as planning and delivering psychological interventions.
- A positive approach to working with people presenting with a range of difficulties including: psychosis, emotionally unstable personality traits; deliberate self-harm; physical and verbal aggression; history of sexual offending; drug and alcohol problems.
- Experience of various psychological therapies/models and risk assessments.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Why Cygnet? We'll offer you...
- Salary: £44,606 - £50,819 (Depending on Experience)
- Support from an onsite multi-disciplinary team, Psychology team and Head of Psychology.
- Generous learning and development opportunities e.g. DBT training
- Opportunities to become involved in Research
- NHS and other employee discounts
- Free meals at work
- Free parking
- Pension scheme
Contracted hours are 37.5 per week. We will also consider applications from those who are seeking 30 hours per week.
If you would like to an informal discussion with someone about the role, please contact Rebecca (Principal Clinical Psychologist) on 01274 686767.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist services for over 30 years.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link below to apply
Closing date: 19th December 2019