We have a great opportunity for a Business Psychologist with 4 years or more post MSc experience and who is interested in assessment and personality psychology. This position provides an excellent development point for a career in assessment encompassing both the application of psychometric assessments and delivery of client solutions.
PCL is a firm of leading business psychologists specialising in effective HR assessment solutions. We work with clients globally to enhance their employee recruitment, development and engagement decisions, as well as to harness the power of their leaders. With over 20 years’ experience, we are committed to providing solutions that are underpinned by cutting-edge research. Our reputation is built on delivering world-class innovations that have helped to significantly increase organisational effectiveness.
We have particular expertise in leadership assessment and development, assessment of derailers, risk psychology and in designing and delivering bespoke assessment centres and team development workshops.
We were the first international distributor for Hogan Assessment Systems, we also distribute the emotional intelligence measure, EQ-i, and we publish our own assessments Profile:Match and Risk Type Compass.
We need a full time Senior Consultant to deliver assessment solutions, lead consultancy projects, deliver high end training courses and to manage significant client accounts.
For this role candidates will have:
• a consulting background with at least 4 years experience in managing client relationships and projects
• a strong commercial focus and a proven track record of winning business
• be a registered psychologist (or working towards registered status) with proven professional expertise
• evidence of delivering assessment projects
• significant experience of delivering training courses
• in-depth knowledge and understanding of the assessment market
• a keen interest in and thorough knowledge of psychometrics
The Senior Consultant will be required to fulfil the following duties:
Professional services, including:
1. Being a leading consultant in the delivery of consultancy projects. This could include individual assessments, report writing, delivering feedbacks, assessment centre design and delivery, interviewer training, team development workshops, writing proposals, designing and overseeing research projects (e.g. validation studies or bespoke assessment solutions).
2. Training delivery for our Hogan certification courses, EQ-i 2.0 and EQ-360, Risk-Type Compass, PROFILE:MATCH® courses and BPS TUA and TUP courses.
Business development, including:
- Enquiry handling
- First point of contact for significant client accounts
- Preparing proposals, tenders and presentation materials
- Responding to client leads and enquiries
- Meeting clients and delivering presentations
- Researching new markets
- Researching new methods of business development
- Strategic planning of business development activities
- Arranging promotional activities
You would be expected to familiarise yourself with all PCL products and services, their content and their prices, to provide knowledgeable customer support.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will need to be flexible, self-motivated, autonomous, disciplined, responsible, energetic, good at building and maintaining client relationships and able to work well in a small team.
Knowledge & experience
The successful candidate will need to have an MSc in Organisational Psychology, be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook Express, PowerPoint, be a Registered Psychologist or eligible for Registered status, and have at least 4 years’ relevant work experience in a commercial environment. Qualifications in some or all of our assessment products (especially Hogan) would be advantageous.
To apply please send your CV and covering application letter (including details of your current salary) to Gillian Hyde, either via email at email@example.com or by post to Psychological Consultancy Ltd, 8 Mount Ephraim, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 8AS