Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Melbourne Graduate School of Education, The University of Melbourne
Salary: AUD120,993 - AUD139,510 (Level C)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - 17% superannuation
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is at the forefront of innovation in education, working with partners in schools, early childhood settings, communities, government and beyond, constantly seeking new and improved ways to support Australia’s education system. Within MGSE, the Centre for Positive Psychology is a hub for research and teaching activities associated with positive psychology, positive education and education policy.
About the role
The Centre for Positive Psychology is seeking an exceptional academic for a Senior Lecturer, Positive Psychology position who will be expected to make an outstanding contribution to the teaching, research and engagement priorities of MGSE, with particular expertise in wellbeing literacy and language research.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Contribute strongly to MGSE’s teaching programs including the Master of Applied Positive Psychology (MAPP), Professional Certificates and undergraduate subjects in positive psychology, and other programs. The ability to influence and stimulate the student experience through the use of innovative teaching and learning initiatives and to supervise research higher degree students will be essential to the role.
- Show research leadership, will have a well-developed research program in a relevant field and will have evidence of attracting research funding, particularly category 2 and 3 (government and industry).
- Have experience and demonstrated success in engaging with the education sector or relevant community groups is also required.
This senior position requires a high degree of independent work, minimum supervision and high level of innovation, problem-solving skills connected with project management and conceptual demands of research, teaching and community engagement. You will also be expected to play a broader role in leading other relevant projects or programs in MGSE and taking on more formal leadership roles in MGSE and the University of Melbourne.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
‘To ensure the University provides a safe environment for children, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check’
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
For full details and to apply: http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/job/899376/senior-lecturer
Applications close: 17 Apr 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time