Strategic senior role
2 year contract (further tenure based on mutual agreement)
Based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The Senior Manager Wellbeing is responsible for the delivery of services which support the physical and mental health and wellbeing of students. The most significant component of this position is the function of Chief Psychologist or Counsellor of RMIT Vietnam, leading and overseeing the management of the day to day operations of the RMIT Vietnam Wellbeing services at all sites. In addition, this position will manage the relationship with external health care providers, including the provider of the on-campus medical services provider.
- Provide day-to-day management, leadership and guidance to a diverse multidisciplinary team in the delivery of the following student services:
- Counselling Service
- Equitable Learning Service
- Safer Community
- Case management (academically at risk students)
- Manage quality assurance of on-site campus health services contracted from third party providers.
- Develop and implement strategic direction for Wellbeing, including developing staff work plans, monitoring workloads, and coordinating staff professional activities.
- Ensure that professional counselling services are available to all RMIT Vietnam students, and service accessibility is maintained as student numbers increase.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A Master’s Degree in Psychology or Counselling. A Doctorate in Psychology or Counselling is desirable.
- At least five years of experience in assessing and providing individual counselling to a wide variety of client groups, preferably in an academic context.
- Membership/eligibility for membership with respective professional Psychological or Counselling Association is essential.
- Excellent people management skills with ability to lead a team of professional staff.
- Experience managing the provision of health care services including critical incident management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in managing resources in a complex organisation including experience in managing financial and human resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to complement formal training in counselling or psychology.
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. We are committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for our students, clients and members of the community.
As an internationally recognised Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam is assisting in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region.
How to apply
For more details please go to the RMIT Vietnam Careers page where you can access the complete job description, details on remuneration and benefits for foreign applicants. http://careers.rmit.edu.vn/vn/en/job/558960/senior-manager-wellbeing
Closing date – Sunday 17th December 2017.