We wish to appoint a Senior Organisational/Occupational Psychologist to cover maternity leave for 14 months, based in our offices in Wigan. The role holder will be integral to building on our success, delivering OD and staff engagement programmes across the Trust.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in an exciting, occupational psychology driven service . You’ll get to work with inspiring people in a supportive culture and environment, underpinned by the caring and compassionate values of the NHS, as well as:
- Salary range of £45,753 - £51,668 p.a.
- From 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
- Attractive NHS pension scheme, with 14% employer contribution
- Access to a range of exclusive NHS benefits, discounts and offers
We are able to support working from home, however, some aspects of the role may require working on-site.
Looking for immediate start or August start.
Main duties of the job
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold a Master’s degree in Occupational Psychology with Graduate basis for registration of the British Psychological Society and preferably Chartered or working towards Chartered status
- Apply your knowledge and expertise of occupational psychology to provide insight, advice, design and delivery of our OD solutions that meet the needs of our internal stakeholders.
- Lead a small team of OD practitioners that will work together to shape deliver OD and staff engagement programmes across the Trust
- Ensure the design and delivery of high quality OD products and services, as well as building long lasting relationships with stakeholders.
- Recent private sector experience
The programmes of OD and staff engagement work include:
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative analysis and organisational research
- Organisational behaviour, culture and change
- Learning and development
- Health and wellbeing
- Quality improvement and human factors
Working for our organisation
Choose Well – Choose WWL
Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust are the proud providers of acute hospital and community services to the people of the Wigan Borough and surrounding areas. At WWL, we value our staff believing that ‘happy staff, makes for happy patients’. We have a recognised track record in staff engagement, and living our values ‘the WWL Way’.
WWL are committed to placing the patient at the heart of everything we do, and in the provision of safe, effective care that acknowledges and ensures dignity. With this in mind we are seeking to recruit people who share our values and beliefs.
Please note that senior positions (AFC band 8A or above) may be expected to participate in an on-call rota, if the role is predominantly operational.
For full details on the role please click the 'Apply Now' button and read the below Job Description and Person Specification.