Senior People Change Consultant, full-time, permanent
London or Solihull
At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we’re a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world. With no shareholders or external investors we determine our own business priorities and direction.
Operations Consulting is a multi-disciplinary team bringing together specialist skills in people, processes and assets to deliver excellence to our clients through supporting design, operations and change. The team includes a core team of asset management experts, logistics consultants, business psychologists, human factors experts, business process specialists, change management practitioners and industry sector experts, predominately based in London and the Midlands.
We place a strong emphasis on ensuring that our service offerings are grounded in scientific or evidence based principles and tailored to meet the specific needs of the range of clients that we work with. We are driven to make a difference in what we do, and encourage creativity and innovation across the team to create the very best solutions for our clients.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a senior people change consultant to join our multi-disciplinary team in either London or Solihull.
You will apply your specialist skills in organisational change and change management on a range of high profile client projects across our market sectors, including healthcare, transport, energy, water and cities. We provide a dynamic and exciting environment for ambitious and motivated individuals who have a real passion for people consulting and change management and its application within an operations, design and consultancy environment.
You will join a growing, collaborative and creative team and will contribute to a range of exciting and interesting projects, to further develop your consultancy capability and scientist-practitioner skills and deliver successful outcomes for our clients. You’ll be empowered to work autonomously with appropriate support and will be expected to manage your own projects and develop services aligned to our business plan.
We are particularly interested in those who have experience or interest in transport as this is a growth area for Operations Consulting with a range of exciting opportunities at Heathrow Airport, Crossrail, Transport for London, Highways England and High Speed 2.
Key elements of this role includes:
- Producing and overseeing work outputs to a high technical quality including but not limited to:
- design and delivery of organisational diagnostics workshops
- reviewing organisational behaviour and cultures
- applying knowledge of organisational change to client challenges
- developing and delivering end to end change programmes
- Leading and managing projects, teams, skills and service areas, developing commercial plans, managing project finances and resourcing and engaging in general consultant activities
- Working directly with clients and building client relationships
- Leading business development activities such as attending networking events, identifying business opportunities and writing proposals
- Engaging with a range of stakeholders within Arup to help influence other disciplines to understand the value of operations consulting
Essential Experience and Knowledge:
- Typically more than 5 years’ experience in a consulting or in-house environment.
- You will need to demonstrate experience of leading projects and programmes including commercial, financial and resourcing responsibilities.
- Experience in the design and implementation of behavioural/organizational change initiatives (e.g. diagnosis workshops, behavioral framework design, employee and stakeholder engagement , change management).
- You will be required to travel to client sites throughout the UK, as determined by the needs of a project, so you will need a driving license.
- MSc in the behavioural or management sciences field e.g. occupational psychology, organisational behaviour, organisational design, MBA.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in organizational readiness (research methodologies, job analysis, selection and assessment, training needs analysis, large scale training design and delivery, project management).
- Experienced facilitator, and stakeholder manager: comfortable working with groups including senior management cohorts.
- Experienced in organizational design and development: research, target operating models, capability reviews.
- Experienced in change management: diagnosis, planning, implementation, evaluation.
- Accredited to use psychometric instruments: Certificate of Competence in Occupational Testing (formerly Level A & B).
- Experience working in aviation or transportation.
We are looking for people with the following qualities:
- Strong knowledge, skills and experience in the application of organisational readiness; and/or organisational design; and/or behavioural and organisational change.
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively
- A collaborative style of working that fosters innovation and team working
- Be driven and motivated to work in a commercial consulting environment, usually to tight client deadlines
- An organised and methodological approach to problem solving and decision-making
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly effective at building and sustaining client relationships
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help you with your work/life balance.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Application link - https://arupjobs.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=SOL00001N&lang=en