Applications are invited for the following positions:
Post Title: Senior Psychologist
Hours: Autonomous and Flexible, working to a guideline of 40 hours per week
Salary Range: €48,000 - €74,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications
Probation period: Six months from date of signing the contract
Annual Leave: 20 days
Notice period: Minimum of 6 weeks, but ideally be 3 months.
Imagine Health are currently recruiting a permanent, full-time basic grade psychologist / senior psychologist in Dublin to work in our Adult and Children Services. The successful candidate will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team with other psychologists, assistant psychologists and clinical administration in order to provide psychological services for adults who are in need of primary and tertiary care, in addition to forensic clinical work. Those services will address individuals with intellectual and learning disabilities as well as complex needs such as behaviours that challenge and mental health difficulties.
Applicants who qualified outside the Republic of Ireland must have their qualification validated by the BPS and/or PSI.
Basic grade Psychologist / Senior Psychologist
Areas of input: Adult services
Base: The work is based in Dublin City but will require flexibility to travel within Ireland.
Professionally and managerially accountable to the Clinical Director Imagine Health of 16 Upper Pembroke Street, Dublin 2.
Imagine Health is a medical and paramedical services which provides psychological assessment and treatment services for adults in primary, secondary and tertiary care. A number of organisations are partnered with Imagine Health who provide emotional well-being at work. In addition, a number of partners serve clients who have considerable psychological needs behaviourally and within mental health. Education, training and rehabilitation, as well as publication and professional development are also areas of focus within the organisation.
The psychology service focuses on the following areas:
- Psychological treatment within a primary care setting.
- Support services to residential service users who have learning and intellectual disabilities.
- Support services to community and residential and training services.
- Direct therapeutic input and primary care within care services for those in full time residential care living with mental health challenges, LD and/or ID.
- Assessment and treatment for those who are returning to work.
- Rehabilitative psychology.
- Forensic psychology.
- General education and training with promotion of well-being within Ireland, the UK, and EMEA.
- Possess university degree or diploma recognised by the society PSI or BPS or HCPC obtained with a first or second class honours in which psychology was taken as a major subject and honours obtained in that subject, or its equivalent, recognised by the society.
- Possess a post-graduate professional psychology qualification recognised by the PSI, BPS or HCPC and as appropriate to work as a psychologist in the Irish, UK and EMEA Health Services.
- Professional experience inclusive of any time spent post-graduate training experience in the areas of clinical, counselling and/or forensic (or any other applied psychological service.)
- Previous experience with a variety of clients with, for example, challenging behaviour, intellectual disability, dual diagnosis, as well as support plans.
- Previous experiences of adult mental health.
- Previous experience in a variety of mental/learning disability settings.
- Previous experience in independent organisations.
- Previous experience with gold standard customer service.
- Previous experience with assessments; neuropsychological/comprehensive psychological tools.
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
- The ability to be decisive, work effectively and communicate clearly with others, provide leadership function autonomously.
- Psychometric assessment skills.
- Good knowledge of range of theoretical intervention models.
- Work in psychology team and in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work autonomously demonstrating confidence in clinical practise.
Equal Opportunities Requirements:
- Agree to work with a wide range of clients and staff of differing ability.
Imagine Health is an organisation which promote inclusivity.
- Commitment to the service
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Cope with delivery of time urgent work
- Utilise technological services
- Audit resources
- Facilitate the work of significant clinical administration team
- Hold a full, clean driving licence
- Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Psychologist Role in the subject line