Chemistry’s intent is to create opportunities for everyone to be brilliant at work. We do this by working with ambitious global business leaders to answer and solve for, possibly, their most important question: “Do I have the talent I need to achieve my commercial objectives?”
As a Talent Strategy Consultancy, we use our pioneering What Great Looks Like (WGLL™) methodology to create unique insights and positive business impacts for our clients.
Everything we do is focused on understanding who can perform in any given context. By analysing comprehensive behavioural, attitudinal and psychometric data we are able to outline core capabilities required for business impact, key performance indicators for specific roles and to work with clients to remove institutional factors obstructing performance.
About the Role
As a Senior R&D Psychologist, you will have the opportunity to leverage your expertise in organisational psychology, behavioural science, psychometric theory and statistics to develop Chemistry's core intellectual property (IP).
You will be an internal subject matter expert in research and development and data analytics, and your work will include the end-to-end development of psychometric assessments appropriate for use in large multinational organisations.
You will be responsible for formulating testable hypotheses and designing research studies aimed at identifying measurable constructs that relate to individual workplace performance. This includes item construction and cross-cultural validation of developed instruments as well as the creation of supporting technical documentation.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work both independently and with the team on proactively solving challenging problems by leveraging your expertise and conducting thorough research.
Research & Development
- Maintain up to date knowledge of psychological literature and conduct thorough research on relevant topics
- Draw on a strong understanding of psychology, psychometric theory and statistics to appropriately critique existing literature
- Formulate testable hypotheses and design appropriate research studies to investigate them
- Interpret the findings of analyses to provide meaningful insights with practical applications for the business and our clients
- Ensure cross-cultural validity of novel instruments in line with industry best practice
- Prepare technical reports documenting measure development, analyses, validity and reliability
- Conduct statistical analysis of research and assessment data
- Confidently interpret the outputs of statistical analyses and prepare reports detailing findings
- Propose novel methods for improving data quality and management
- Critically appraise the work of colleagues and other team members in order to drive increased rigour in the application of analytic methods
- Work proactively and independently to drive activities against project milestones
- Ensure all research activities are conducted to the highest standard of quality and in a timely manner
- Continuously identify opportunities for further development of Chemistry's core IP
- Proactively drive your own development, ensuring you are continuously learning and improving against your areas of development
- Master's degree in I/O Psychology, Psychometrics, People Analytics, Behavioural Science, or related field
- Excellent knowledge of SPSS, R, and other statistical software packages
- Proven research skills and ability to produce technical documentation
- Excellent understanding of psychometric literature and related statistical methodologies
- Understanding of Item Response Theory
- Understanding of a broad range of data analysis paradigms
When we say our intent is to give everyone the opportunity to be brilliant at work, we, of course, extend that to you too. This is why we ensure that our employees have plenty of benefits. Here are some of them:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days of holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension contribution
- Healthcare cover
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection cover
- Wellbeing contribution
- Flexible working, with offices in Central London
- Working with great colleagues :)
We have an office in Holborn (London), and when it is safe to do so, we will use our office to connect and collaborate with each other. We will also continue to provide our team with the option to work from home. If you join our team, we will trust you to decide when you need to be in the office and when you need to work from home to achieve the best results.