Luton - Part-time, Permanent
Our client is a male in his early forties who sustained a brain injury resulting in physical, cognitive and communication difficulties. He currently lives in the family home and requires support to meet his care needs and implement his therapy rehabilitation programme, guided by his Clinical Psychologist, Occupational Therapist and Physiotherapist to develop his independence.
We are looking for Senior Rehabilitation Assistants and Rehabilitation Assistants to be part of an established support team. The roles will include providing support through all daily activities including personal care, therapy appointments, leisure pursuits and cognitive rehabilitation based activities. There will be supervision and support sessions from the Clinical Psychologist as required.
We particularly require Rehabilitation Assistants for weekdays, and/or Saturdays / evenings.
The successful candidate will offer:
- Senior Rehabilitation Assistants will require a psychology degree or similar level of training
- Applicants will preferably have experience with clients with brain injuries or clients with physical/cognitive/behavioural difficulties
- Applicants will preferably have experience of working with a multi-disciplinary team and/or in a community setting
- Ability to work under guidance of Clinical Professionals, including Clinical Psychologist, implementing behavioural and cognitive rehabilitation interventions
- A good sense of humour
- An open, flexible and creative approach to the role
- Would suit individuals looking to gain experience prior to Clinical Psychology training
- Ability to act on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to maintain clear concise records
- A clean driving license is essential
In return we can offer:
- Great rates of pay
- Comprehensive fully funded training package
- On-going supervision
- Fully funded DBS
- Generous annual leave allowance and sick leave entitlement
- Opportunity to work alongside experienced therapy team
- Opportunity to work in a small, bespoke friendly team on specific goals to make a difference to our client’s life
- Bank hours available
For Further details please contact Helen Hallmark on 01799 540734 or email email@example.com quoting Job Ref: LT0918.