Our client is a male in his late thirties who sustained a brain injury, resulting in physical, cognitive and communication difficulties. He currently lives in the family home and requires support to meet his care needs and implement his therapy rehabilitation programme, guided by his Clinical Psychologist, Occupational Therapist and Physiotherapist, to develop his independence.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a new support team consisting of Senior Rehabilitation Assistants and Rehabilitation Assistants. The role will include providing support through all daily activities including personal care, therapy appointments, leisure pursuits and cognitive rehabilitation based activities. There will be supervision and support sessions from the Clinical Psychologist as required.
The roles would suit students/graduates seeking experience in the Allied Health Professions. The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Experience of working as a Rehabilitation Assistant/Support worker with clients with brain injuries or clients with physical/cognitive/behavioural difficulties.
- Experience of working with a multi-disciplinary team in a community setting.
- A psychology degree is desirable for the Senior post.
- A good sense of humour.
- An open, flexible and creative approach to the role.
- Ability to act on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to maintain clear concise records.
- A clean driving licence is essential.
In return we offer:
- Great rates of pay - up to £20.00 per hour dependent on experience for Senior Rehabilitation Assistant.
- up to £14.00 per hour dependent on experience for Rehabilitation Assistant
- Comprehensive fully funded training package.
- Ongoing supervision.
- Fully funded DBS.
- Generous annual leave and sick leave entitlement.
- Opportunity to work alongside experienced therapy team.
- Opportunity to work in a small, bespoke friendly team on specific goals to make a difference to our client’s life.
- Full and part time hours available.
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number LB/05/17 or contact 01799 540734 for further information.