Salary: £28,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Shifts: 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm, 1 weekend will be worked per month. Some flexibility will be required
Do you flourish working in a collaborative environment that strives toward excellence?
We are looking to recruit a dedicated Specialist Deputy Manager to join us at our Camden based mental health rehabilitation service. From day you will manage and lead a close-knit, friendly team to provide practical and emotional support to clients with ongoing psychosis.
You will be overseeing a talented team of 10 with a facility close to full capacity of 24 service users in a supported living facility with high needs mental health. Experience in the relevant position and sector would be advantageous.
- To provide clinical input for the staff and customers as directed by the service specification and the needs of the service.
- To ensure the delivery of a high quality supported service for customers with mental health and complex needs which reflects best practice and adheres to all relevant legislation and performance standards.
- To provide in house training to staff in personal areas of expertise i.e. counselling, nursing, social work, drug and alcohol specialist, etc.
- Recruit, support and supervise staff, setting and demanding professional standards of working.
- Managing a team of Support Officers and Support Assistants under the direction of the General Manager
- Other shared responsibilities with Operational Manager
- 28 days annual leave
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.
Skills & Experience
- Hold a relevant professional qualification in the area of expertise (i.e. Drug and alcohol, counselling, psychology, OT, nursing or social)
- Experience of working in a management position within a support facility
- Experience working in community settings therapeutically, including assessments, designing interventions and demonstrating outcomes.
- Experience of developing clinical interventions for both staff and customer groups
- A minimum of 1 year working experience relevant to mental health
- Experience of assessment, risk management and support planning relevant to mental health
- Knowledge of policies & procedures, including: CQC standards, Safeguarding and Health & Safety
Our aim is to improve the quality of life of our customers, building confidence and skills to allow individuals to live independently while playing an active role in their communities. We view all our customers as individuals with specific needs, treating individuals with respect and dignity, and focusing on achieving real results.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply!
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of their background.