Salary: £28,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Shifts: Monday to Friday with 1 weekend per month- Some flexibility in hours will be required.
Do you flourish working in a collaborative environment that strives toward excellence?
We are looking to recruit a Specialist Deputy Manager to join us at our Camden based high-needs mental health scheme. From day you will manage and lead a close-knit, friendly team to provide practical and emotional support to clients with conditions such as schizophrenia, bipolar and personality disorder.
- To provide clinical input for the staff and customers as directed by the service specification and the needs of the service.
- To ensure the delivery of a high-quality supported service for customers with mental health and complex needs which reflects best practice and adheres to all relevant legislation and performance standards.
- To assist the manager in holding day to day responsibility for deployment of staff and maintaining the rota and caseloads.
- To participate in the training of staff as required, especially in disseminating good practice within this specialist field.
- Performance management including setting targets, monitoring, and taking action to address any performance issues.
- To ensure staff are empowered to take responsibility and to work in a way that is imaginative and responsive to the needs of customers.
- To facilitate and encourage effective customer participation, consultation, and feedback within the project / service.
- To monitor service provision on a regular basis and assist the manager in ensuring that all service audit improvement action is completed.
- To provide in house training to staff in personal areas of expertise i.e. counselling, nursing, social work, drug and alcohol specialist, etc.
- Responsible for conducting social inclusion group sessions with service users.
Annual leave – 28 days
Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
Season ticket loans
A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
Career break - after three years’ continuous service.
- Hold a relevant professional qualification such as drug and alcohol, counselling, psychology, OT, nursing or social work
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in management
- Experience working in settings therapeutically, including assessments, designing interventions and demonstrating outcomes.
- Experience of developing clinical interventions for both staff and customer groups
- A minimum of 1 year working experience relevant to mental health
- Experience of assessment, risk management and support planning relevant to mental health
One Support, part of One Housing, provide support to a wide range of people, including young people, people with mental health problems, ex-offenders, and people with substance misuse problems. We provide services to people living in our properties, and also in their own homes – not necessarily those owned by One Housing. Our services include Floating Support, Supported Housing, Mental Health services and Young People’s services.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of their background.