Therapeutic Manager – New Wraparound Service
Salary of £55,000 - £60,000 per annum depending on Experience
Putney base (with UK travel)
37.5 hours per week
St Christopher's is a leading charity for children and young people and we are proud of our history for providing fostering, children's homes and a range of innovative housing and support services across the UK & Isle of Man.
We are committed to improve emotional wellbeing across the organization. We want to make sure all young people at St Christopher’s care have the right support for their individual mental health needs so that they can go on to have a brighter future.
As part of our Strategy, we have created a new Therapeutic Wraparound Service and we are looking now for the right person to develop, drive and manage this new service.
St Christopher’s Approach
At St Christopher’s, Social Pedagogy is our core philosophy of care, drawing together theories and concepts from related disciplines such as sociology, psychology, education, philosophy, medical sciences and social work. Our use of social pedagogy centres on attachment theory and building positive relationships with young people to bring out their inner “diamond”.
About the Role
We have a passionate commitment to our young people and as the Therapeutic Manager to the UK Wraparound Service; you will be a key player in building and extending this commitment. You will take the lead role in scoping and devising a UK Wraparound Service and implement a delivery plan to achieve this. You will build and support a team working with Looked After Children and Care Leavers to improve their emotional health and well-being, providing any additional support identified as needed by statutory services to those with mental health needs.
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline (e.g. Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, Therapy) and registration with appropriate professional body.
- A minimum of five years working directly with children and families and one year providing clinical supervision.
- Experience of dealing with crisis situations and working with emergency services.
- A minimum of two years’ experience of delivering therapeutic interventions.
- Knowledge of UK Legislative framework.
- Have the skills, ambition and drive to grow and maintain excellent services that meet their financial targets.
- Possess the leadership skills to build and lead a team of professional staff.
- Excellent IT, report writing and presentational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the confidence to build relationships with various stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills.
In return we offer:
- Salary £55,000 - £60,000 per annum.
- Annual salary review based on performance.
- A friendly working environment, a fun, open and honest culture.
- Industry Leading training programme including children’s right and participation, CSE, empowerment, mental health and Social Pedagogy.
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays.
- Contributory pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Company Sick Scheme.
- BUPA Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling, financial advice and legal support.
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme.
- Discount shopping scheme.
- Discretionary Funding Training Programs.
- Employee Awards based on performance and length of service.
At St Christopher’s we are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people in our care. During the recruitment process you will be expected to complete an online application to ensure we capture essential information to meet legislation, best practice and vetting requirements.
Applicants will ideally already be on the DBS Update Service; if this is not the case St Christopher's will carry out a DBS (police) check prior to starting.
For the full Job Description and Person Specification, please visit our website
To Apply, please click the Apply Now button below.
Your application must include a supporting statement addressing the criteria given in the Person Specification.
Closing Date: 7th May 2019
Please bear in mind that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
St Christopher’s is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.