Elysium Healthcare brings together a unique approach to the delivery of care where the patient is embedded in the heart of all aspects of hospital life.
Our inclusive way of working has the patient as a true partner in their care. We recognise that each and every member of staff has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is with their dedication, passion and hard work that we can deliver excellent care programs that truly benefit the patients.
Elysium Healthcare has a network of over 40 services strategically placed across England and Wales.
Chadwick Lodge is centrally located in Milton Keynes, just off the M1 and within driving distance from London as well as the Midlands. The hospital offers care to male and female patients, in medium and low security, as well as locked rehabilitation, with a range of specialist treatment options like Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, sex offender treatment as well as arson treatment programmes. The hospital accepts patients from all parts of the UK.
Annual salary: up to £25,000 (dependent on experience)
Hours per week: 37.5
The Psychology Department at Chadwick Lodge and Eaglestone View are looking to expand following a highly successful few years. We have a range of services here at the hospital, including a DBT service for women with borderline personality disorder; a womens’ and a men’s forensic pathway and we are looking to further expand our services.
Chadwick Lodge is a positive place to work and the Psychology Department pride itself on being a friendly, supportive and cohesive team where CPD and specialist interests are encouraged.
This post holder will work across the expanding DBT service. This service consists of two locked rehabilitation wards: An established DBT service for women with personality disorder and a ward which be opening in the spring time, which will stabilise women prior to them entering the full DBT service.
Our Trainee Therapist or Senior Assistant Psychologist role involves:
- Assisting and supporting the Principal Psychologist across the two wards
- Supporting and developing assessments; formulations and interventions across the service, including the delivery of DBT sessions
- Organising and coordinating outcome data across the two wards
To be successful as a Trainee Therapist or Senior Assistant Psychologist, you’ll need:
- To be a psychology graduate with a post-graduate degree in a specialist area of psychology
- Considerable experience as an Assistant Psychologist
- Proven competence in co-facilitating groups and offering individual assessment and interventions under the supervision of a Psychologist
- To be fully conversant with the DBT model and already undertaken additional training either in this area or in a specialist therapy field
- To be a team player who has a positive approach to your work and able to commit to the role
The post-holder will be supported in moving towards an accredited qualification as a therapist and offered needs-led trained and development opportunities.
We welcome informal discussions about opportunities available and interested candidates are welcome to visit the site in advance of any application.
For any enquiries about the post, please contact Karen Howell, Lead Psychologist and Head of Psychology (Northern Region), Elysium Healthcare.
T: 01908 593000 (ext. 8528)
M: 07500 013758
A: Chadwick Lodge & Eaglestone View, Chadwick Drive, Eaglestone, Milton Keynes, MK6 5LS.
About our benefits:
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Life Assurance
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Career development
- Voluntary Benefits