Trainers in Training
UK and Ireland
An exciting opportunity has opened up within the British Isles DBT Training Team. We’re hiring new DBT trainers-in-training to join our well-established training team.
Would you like to be part of a DBT training team which: is internationally recognised, is an international affiliate, offers mentorship by National and International experts in DBT.
- To be willing to deliver a minimum of 10 days of training per year for BIDBT
- To commit to learning all the competencies of a trainer as outlined by BIDBT
- To non-defensively accept feedback from other trainers in a mentorship role
- To be willing to throw yourself in to all aspects of the training experience
- To remain up to date with developments and research in the DBT field
- To attend at least two days of CPD a year to develop your skills / keep them current.
To be eligible for consideration as a trainer-in-training a DBT therapist must be:
- Adherent to the treatment: this must have been assessed by an experienced supervisor with competence to rate for treatment adherence or the individual must be a certified therapist in DBT by a recognised accrediting body
- Part of a practising DBT programme and attending Consultation Team weekly
- Conducting DBT related work for a minimum of 1.5 days per week
- Motivated to learn to train in the treatment
- Experience of teaching staff locally or on their own team the basics of DBT
Presenters / Trainers-in-Training will be in receipt of coaching and mentorship from other more experienced trainers during training events to assist them in developing these competencies. Senior Trainers may make suggestions for additional training and experience that Presenters / Trainers-in-Training may require in order to progress their skills.
For more information or the application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01978 346 900