UK Clinical Lead (Part-time -- 0.6 wte)
Big Health develops, evaluates and disseminates evidence-based psychological therapies in the form of fully automated ‘digital medicine’.
Co-founded by an ex-insomnia sufferer (Peter Hames) and world sleep expert (Colin Espie) from the University of Oxford, we help people to sleep better and live unconstrained by anxiety, stress, and low mood.
Take a look at Sleepio, our pioneering and clinically proven programme for insomnia. It features The Prof, our animated Scottish sleep expert - he provides evidence-based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), personalised for each user.
We are a cheerful, caring, collaborative interdisciplinary team with offices in London and an HQ in San Francisco. We are growing a team to help deliver accessible mental health services to millions of people in the UK, with significant new NHS and government funded projects in London and the Oxford area.
Why don’t you consider joining us?
You will provide clinical leadership, oversight and direction to the development and delivery of Big Health services in the UK. You will report directly to Prof Colin Espie (co-founder and CMO) and work collaboratively with our Medical Director, Dr Jenna Carl who is based in the USA.
YOUR KEY TASKS
These will be agreed on an annual basis, with quarterly objectives, and progress reviews in line with Big Health Summit meetings. The UK focus is particularly, but not exclusively, upon the NHS.
Your key tasks are summarised here.
- Clinical lead for NHS liaison, contracting, and service integration
- Represent Big Health in a clinical capacity with senior NHS (and other) contacts
- Deliver upon implementation and integration of Big Health services within NHS demonstration projects, liaising with clinicians and health service managers and commissioners to foster maximum clinical benefit
- Provide clinical expertise informing how best to optimize emerging NHS and other UK opportunities
- Clinical lead for in person integration
- Lead consideration of the role of clinical experts as a scalable therapeutic adjunct to Big Health products
- Lead consideration of how external (NHS) clinicians and practitioners may interface with Big Health products
- Contribute to clinical governance of Big Health services ensuring they meet professional and ethical standards nationally and internationally
- Provide consultation on an as needed basis in response to clinical issues or questions that emerge within the user population
- Contribute to management and support of clinical advisers and clinical experts including assignment of duties and oversight of performance
- Contribute to direction for the moderation and quality control of clinical posts, articles, community content and other materials entering the public/ user domain
- Contribute to research thinking and priorities
- Support clinical sales channels in a professional capacity
- Advise the CMO as required
- Maintain professional development and registration as required
- You are a highly qualified clinical psychologist (professional qualifications plus registration)
- You have a national or developing reputation for your work in adult mental health (depression, anxiety, stress, or sleep) that is verifiable (e.g. publications, committee work, teaching and training, advisory/consultancy roles, service development and leadership roles)
- You have a proven commitment to the dissemination of evidence-based psychological therapies (e.g. publications, teaching and training, committee work, advisory roles, supervision and consultancy, service improvement)
- You have leadership experience in the development and delivery of mental health services in the UK NHS (e.g. positions held)
- You have experience in the development and/or management of other people (e.g. positions held)
- You are looking to be part of a team of mature, effective, kind, hard-working and bright people
IT WOULD BE A BONUS IF:
- You have experience with clinical governance or supervision in the context of digital self-help interventions
- You have experience in working with the commercial sector
- You have experience working with web or App development
MORE BACKGROUND ON BIG HEALTH
- Backed by leading venture capital firms: Octopus Ventures, Kaiser Permanente Ventures and Index Ventures
- Contracts in the US with a number of Fortune 500 companies, leading multinational health insurers, multiple US universities and hospitals and rapid revenue growth
- Funding in the UK through Innovate UK (Digital Catalyst) with Oxford AHSN, and through the Healthy London Partnership funded by NHSE and PHE. We have a Memorandum of Understanding with the University of Oxford and have trialled numerous integrations with NHS staff organisations and with IAPT services
- We have been repeatedly featured by Apple’s iOS App Store, we are one of FitBit’s partners, and WIRED Health's Best Startup of 2014
- Sleepio is recognized by Nature, Ranked, The King’s Fund, and ORCHA as the best evidenced App in it’s category
- We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, and embrace diversity and flexibility in our work culture
- We try hard to create a happy and healthy workplace for ourselves
- We have a clearly-structured personal review and development program, regular team talks and outings, a fund for spending on personal happiness
- We offer generous benefits, generous vacation and maternity/paternity policy, relocation and lots of other perks
- We offer a competitive salary (up to £55k - £87k pro rata. Depending on experience)
- Early applications advised
- For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We look forward to talking to you!